Archive for the ‘Bio-Rad Webinar’ Category
In honor of this launch, we invite you to review some of the resources (including technical notes, review articles and video tutorials) that we have posted on high resolution melt analysis. Feel free to to click on any of the links below for further details:
- High Resolution Melt Analysis Applicatons (publication)
- The Versatility of High-Resolution Melt Analysis (2 resources: review article and technical note)
- Educational Webinar: High-Resolution Melt Analysis (archived version available, registration required)
- A Practical Guide to High Resolution Melt Analysis Genotyping (technical note)
- A Video Tutorial for High Resolution Melt Analysis
- PCR Assay for Chromatin Accessibility (epigenetics methods article)
In this video, Dr. Sean Taylor, Field Applications Specialist, Bio-Rad Laboratories, demonstrates how sample quality and reference gene selection effect data analysis and interpretation in real-time quantitative PCR (qPCR) experiments. The presentation is in accordance with the previously published MIQE guidelines.
For enhanced viewing, click on the full-screen mode button on the bottom right hand corner of the video.
High-resolution melt (HRM) analysis is rapidly gaining in popularity as a cost-effective and faster alternative to traditional post-PCR genotyping methods such as single-stranded conformation polymorphism, denaturing high-performance liquid chromatography, and restriction fragment length polymorphism.
In this webinar you will gain an overview of the fundamentals of HRM and learn techniques for success through appropriate experimental design, assay optimization, and data analysis. You will also learn about specific applications from scientists using HRM technology for basic microbiological genotyping research of pathogens as well as in clinical studies, detecting receptor gene mutants linked to cancer and identifying epigenetic differences in double-stranded DNA.
The webinar will take place Wednesday August 11 at 1pm EST.
* Kim De Leener, Ph.D., Center for Medical Genetics, University of Ghent, Belgium
* Jonas Winchell, Ph.D., Chief, Response and Surveillance Laboratory, International Emerging Infections Program, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
* Adam McCoy, Ph.D., Senior Scientist, Gene Expression Division, Life Science Group, Bio-Rad Laboratories