Posts Tagged ‘Bio-Rad Laboratories’
Bio-Rad Laboratories announced the launch of the SsoAdvanced™ Universal Inhibitor-Tolerant SYBR® Green Supermix, a proven solution for obtaining reproducible, optimal-quality qPCR data from the most challenging samples.
Generating quality qPCR data from difficult-to-amplify samples such as crude lysates from plants, tissues, formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded samples, and other less-than-ideal sources that contain PCR inhibitors can be challenging and frustrating. In these situations, PCR may be greatly inhibited, making it nearly impossible for researchers to obtain reliable data, wasting time and money.
The formulation of the SsoAdvanced™ Universal Inhibitor-Tolerant SYBR® Green Supermix has been optimized and validated to tolerate a wider spectrum of PCR inhibitors than competing SYBR® Green reagents. These inhibitors include those found in crude lysates, polysaccharides and polyphenols, and various reagents left over from sample prep such as ethanol, isopropanol, EDTA, and sodium chloride see performance data for all inhibitors.
As with all SsoAdvanced Supermixes, the inhibitor-tolerant version includes Bio-Rad’s Sso7d-fusion polymerase, which is engineered for enhanced qPCR performance. The supermix is compatible with all real-time PCR instruments and functions under any reaction condition.
Visit www.bio-rad.com/SUIT1 to learn more about SsoAdvanced™ Universal Inhibitor-Tolerant SYBR® Green Supermix.
This is a VERY IMPORTANT video for anyone doing Western Blotting (i.e. everyone!).
Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. announced the launch of its S3™ Biosafety System Class I, an intelligent aerosol containment hood designed for Bio-Rad’s S3™ Cell Sorter. The system adheres to the biosafety requirements of the International Society for Advancement of Cytometry (ISAC) and protects users and the environment from aerosols created during the cell sorting process.
The S3 Biosafety System Class I encloses the S3 Cell Sorter on the benchtop, providing an alternative to the large and expensive biosafety hoods traditionally used with cell sorters.
Additional benefits of the S3 Biosafety System Class I include:
- Software control — integrates with Bio-Rad’s S3™ ProSort™ Software, which provides real-time information about biosafety system status, system temperature, and HEPA filter life
- Fully accessible — offers easy access to the S3 Cell Sorter for cleaning and maintenance via vinyl walls that are magnetically attached to the aluminum biosafety system frame
- Quiet and energy efficient — generates low vibration and sound levels while specialized fans and low backpressure from the HEPA filter reduce energy usage
For more information about Bio-Rad’s S3 Cell Sorter, please visit www.bio-rad.com/cellsorter.
- Achieve electrophoretic run times as short as 20 minutes
- Enjoy protein transfers in as little as 3 minutes using the TransBlot® Turbo™ transfer system
- Monitor the success of electrophoresis and transfer steps without additional staining
- Visualize proteins in your gel or blot in less than 5 minutes with Bio-Rad’s stain-free enabled imaging systems
Longer Shelf Life
- Gels last up to 1 month at 4°C after casting
- Shelf life of acrylamide solutions is 1 year at room temperature
* The Quick Start Guide to Stain-Free Imaging provides step-by-step instructions on how to obtain stain-free images from TGX Stain-Free gels. If you do not have access to a Bio-Rad stain-free enabled imager, your gels can be stained using traditional staining methods.